Introduction to Meditation Workshop
This workshop is for anyone who wants to start a meditation practice, or energize their existing practice. If you think you can’t meditate, this is your workshop!
Meditation Workshop: Saturday Sept. 14, 2019, from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. at Yoga Secrets. Investment: $35
We will start with the basics: how to sit, how to breathe, how to practice slowing down your thoughts and quieting your mind.
Everyone has a different style of meditation, and your style can change over time. In this workshop, we will explore several different kinds of meditation.
There is no failure with meditation — every meditation done with intention is beneficial.
Meditation helps us cope with, but not necessarily solve, our problems.
Do you know about the benefits of meditation?
- boosts your health and increases immune function
- decreases pain
- decreases inflammation at the cellular level
- increases positive emotions
- decreases depression and anxiety
- decreases stress
- increases emotional intelligence
- decreases feelings of loneliness
- increases your ability to regulate your emotions
- increases your ability to introspect
- increases grey matter in your brain
- increases your focus and attention
- improves your memory
- improves your creative ability
- gives you perspective
(Source: Psychology Today)